17.11.13

FOTD | #scotstreetstyle Harvey Nics Movember | Event

I can't remember but I don't think I've done a FOTD post before on here. Decided to use yesterday's shenanigans to break that! I attended the Harvey Nics Movember event organised by the lovely G at Scotstreetstyle. You can find out more about Scotstreetstyle over on their twitterfacebook or tumblr. G is doing such a fabby job building this great community. I'll be writing up an actual post about the event soon so today it's just to show you my face (before all the free gin!)


Products used: 
  • NYC Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer Shade 684
  • Yves Saint Laurent Touch Eclat BR10
  • MUA Cover & Conceal Fair
  • Seventeen Pressed Powder Nicely Natural
  • Hi-Brow Eyebrow Powder Dark Brown
  • Fashionista Blush Palette Custom Design Blush Milan
  • Eyeko Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner Black
  • Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara Very Black/Noir
  • Nivea Volume Shine Lipstick Pure Diamond 66 Mauve Parure
I was quite proud of this face. I'm not the greatest person at makeup so when I saw how it all looked at the end I was quite chuffed with myself! I was especially pleased at how the eyeliner worked out. I'm still a total noob when it comes to liquid liner and tend not to use it that often; however I love the clean lines you get from it as opposed to a pencil (I know gel is an option as well but it falls under the liquid category for me - I'm rubbish at it!) so I will be using it more to get used to it and perfect my wings! I got the Eyeko as a freebie in a magazine but it's just so good that I think I'll be repurchasing it when it runs out!

Unfortunately it's still phone pictures which aren't the clearest of things but I suppose it's better than nothing! Now that I'm getting into a good life routine, I think I might try and do a FOTD maybe once a week. Gives me a chance to try things out and show you all as well!

6 comments:

  1. Your eyes are fantastic! I still can't get the hang of liquid liner, but I'd love to wing it out like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to keep practising and hope I can continue to do it like that. Finger crossed for not a fluke! ;) x

      Delete
  2. Love your hair and eye make up! I'm terrible at liquid eyeliner- it's so tricky!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! I'm very hit and miss with it, sometimes it turns out great and other times it turns out so bad I have to restart my face! x

      Delete
  3. would you recommend Touche Eclat and how do you use yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the first time I'd used it, I've got a wee sample pot I picked up to try it out. It's really nice so I'm going to try it out a couple more times to see if I'm going to buy a full size or not. I just buffed it on using a kabuki brush, I don't really like the finish you get from using flat foundation brushes anymore.

      Best thing I can suggest would be to go to a YSL counter and ask if you can try a wee sample pot for yourself x

      Delete

You might also like:

.