21.12.13

Eye Of Horus Liquid Define Eye Liner


I was so pleased to be sent this wee parcel from Eye Of Horus. I'd received an email telling me all about their recent products and the liner looked fab! I figured I'd try it out as I'm starting to wear liquid liner more these days. Goal for 2014 - be able to apply liner without having to close my eyes or pull my eyelids to the side! Seriously, how do you guys (anyone that can do it) keep your eyes open and just line them perfectly?!

I digress, back to liner! I'd never heard of Eye Of Horus before but that didn't really surprise me, I'm sure there are hundreds of brands I haven't heard of before. I was immediately hooked by the name though. As soon as I read it, I was imagining blacks and golds for the packaging and boy did they come up trumps!


Look at it, it's so glorious looking! The only thing I don't like about the packaging (that you can see in the above picture) is that fingerprints transfer really easily onto it. If I hadn't been so grabby handy with it as soon as I got it, then I could have taken nicer pictures but I just can't help myself!

Eye Of Horus is an Australian makeup brand that is now available to buy here in the UK. You can find the stocked products on Cocktail Cosmetics. Personally I'm eyeing up the Isis Sun Goddess palette and the Teal Goddess liner. They look gorgeous!  All Eye Of Horus products contain naturally derived ingredients and they aren't tested on animals so who can complain at that?!


The felt liner is so easy to use; it goes on great, it's very fast drying. Seriously, I swatched it on my hand looked away for literally two seconds came back to it and tried to wipe it off, this stuff was not for budging. I decided to leave it on my hand for the rest of the day to see just how long wearing it really was and I have to say, it got to the end of the day and it was still there with only a tiny bit of wear. That was on my hand as well so imagine how good it would still have looked on my eyelids!

Despite it bleeding a bit on my hand, when I applied it to my eyelids there was no bleeding, smudging, nothing! It's as if it just locked itself in and refused to move! Due to how long wearing and unsmudging it was, I thought this would be a total bitch to get off (They're Real, you feel me?) but it wasn't in the slightest! I thought I would be sat rubbing at my eyes with makeup remover soaked pads for 10 mins but a couple swipes and it was off, you couldn't even tell I was wearing any!


Remember my post about Social and Cocktail? (If not, you can find it here) I'd decided to try out the liner for the party and then put it's removableness to the test as I was up for work the next again morning at 6am! Considering the below picture was taken at the arse end of the night, I'd say the liner and the rest of my face still looks pretty damn good! Of course we can ignore the fact that my hair and bun ring clearly had a disagreement. Just my luck that I wouldn't notice until I put the pictures on the computer!

I was feeling rather 60s(ish) with my liner and white lined waterline.
Like I said above, you can find this on Cocktail Cosmetics and this liner only cost £13 which I was quite surprised at, I was totally expecting it to cost more. At least this means I might be able to afford it when the one I have runs out!

I think I'm going to have to have a Harry Hill-esque fight over which liner I love more. Eye Of Horus or Eyeko. What do you think? Have you tried this brand?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

.