7.8.13

Time to come clean

The past couple months my diet has been atrocious. Takeaways, McDonald's, just utter crap that I didn't need to eat. I don't quite know what triggered it but it felt like I'd just thrown out all my healthy ideas and motivation out the window.

In turn, this totally affected my exercise and I've been doing the bare minimum, sometimes nothing at all. I feel bloated, fat, sluggish and devoid of all energy. It's like a domino effect, both of those things combined made me not want to blog. I realise though that I need to write about the bad times as well. No one ever has just good days and that's ok.

I feel like I should apologise to people as they have been telling me I look great, that I've inspired them and really I've been sat there feeling like a complete and utter failure.

I've not failed though, I've just had a blip. Now I need to get back on track!

My current goal is to get under 200lbs by New Year. It's not a difficult goal, it's easily achievable. On Monday I weighed in at 216.4lbs (I managed to get as low as 202 before I totally sabotaged myself) so 20 odd weeks to lose 16.4lbs is a perfectly good goal. I don't want to think that I'll do it before then just because I don't want to put pressure on myself, I know I'll end up cracking and throwing it out the window again.

So this is my official come back! Back to eating proper meals, healthy snacks and getting in plenty of exercise. Not just for the physical aspect but mentally I feel so much better when I'm eating right and moving about. I can't decide if I should edge back into it or just throw myself in full pelt and just get on with it.

Louis has suggested that if I don't keep up with this plan to get back on it that I should place myself in a room with clowns and sheep (I'm terrified of both!) so even thought of it should be enough to keep me on track!

In short, I've been a lazy shite and I've now had enough. I want to go back to feeling good about myself. Sometimes I feel like I need a keeper, someone to make sure I've logged my food, ask me what exercise I've done today, ask what I've done about the house. I need a bloody PA!

Have you had any blips? How did you overcome them? Want to be my PA? I can't pay you ;)

10 comments:

  1. Maybe you can do a weekly workout post? That's a good way of logging it. I've been meaning to do that for a while now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yeah that's a good idea! I'll need to get an exercise notebook so I can start writing down what I've done :)

      Delete
  2. hell you just admitted your human ;-) , don't be too hard on yourself , you will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only a small blip, getting back on track is the important bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I could just do nothing but I actually want to fix it :)

      Delete
  4. I always joke about my 'junk food hangover' but it's totally a thing. Once you stray from healthy eating to a take away you it is like you get a hangover and you just can't deal with proper food.
    It happens to the best of us, no matter how healthy i am 99% of the time every few months I'll eat junk then find myself in bed a few days later eating icing and trying to remember when I last worked out.

    Never forget how far you've come and that will be your inspiration to keep going. It may not be easy but it'll be worth it babe <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Junk food hangover, that's great! Haha.

      I need to get back into my 80/20 way of thinking when it comes to healthy eating!

      I've been doing that quite frequently. If I feel a bit crap, I have to remember I've already lost 44lbs! xx

      Delete
  5. I have blips all of the time - it's only natural! I use how rubbish I feel after a blip to motivate me when I'm being good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about that re-motivation! :D

      Delete

You might also like:

.