4.2.14

Roald Dahl Treasury | #2014BloggerChallenge #3

Week 3 of the 2014BloggerChallenge and this week the subject is Once Upon A Time, we were quite simply asked to pick a book and write about it. As soon as I read the email, I knew exactly what book I would be writing about. My Roald Dahl Treasury, a book I've had for 17 years. Despite all my house moving, homelessness and episodes of throwing out lots of things I own, this book has stuck by me. As a child I absolutely loved Roald Dahl, his stories completely captivated me and sucked me in to his freaky little world where witches ruled, giants could be friendly and the nicest people were the prettiest. To this day I'm still in awe of his writing and whenever I pick up something of his, especially this book I still feel the same joy I did as a child/teen.


I don't even know where to begin with this book, there is so much in it and if I were to sit here and tell you about it all, well I'd be here for bloody days! Instead, I'll just show you some pictures and let you see it for yourself!







Despite the number of years I have owned this book, I've never tried the couple of recipes that are in it. I'll need to change that soon!




To finish off this post, I'll leave you with the last page of the book. Believe me Mr Dahl, you have made me laugh on many an occasion and for that I thank you.


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I've never read Roald Dahl but his name usually comes up when discussing favorite childhood authors.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

.