22.4.14

Finding balance

I've read about other bloggers having difficulty managing their working life and a blog and I never thought much of it. Then I got a job! I've only been there just over a week and I haven't even opened up blogger or bloglovin on my computer, tablet or phone. It takes me just under two hours to get to my job then I'm there for up to eight/nine hours depending on the shift and a further almost two hours to get home again. By the time I do get home, I eat something then go to bed! The only reason I'm writing this is because I'm off until Friday! I'm going to use this time to get some posts read and hopefully get some written and also to catch up on housework! My room is a bloody tip and now that I have a couple days to get it sorted, I'm going to pounce! Or nothing will go to plan and I'll sleep the entire time, who knows ;)

I'm still getting used to being on my feet for long periods of time. My wee Shoe Zone shoes are holding up for now but I'll definitely need to get another pair soon. I don't know if I've actually said on here yet what my job is, but I'm working away in McDonald's. My fifth time round to be precise. Sure it's not glamorous or whatever but it pays the bills, I'm out the house and working and I'll make some new friends in no time! Plus being on my feet and moving about a lot will definitely help me lose some weight! You get a meal allowance but I've just been having salads and wraps, sure sometimes I will indulge but that's ok just as long as I don't do it every time I work.

It's definitely going to be a struggle getting a good balance between work, blogging, exercise, preparing healthy meals and just chill out time but hopefully after a couple months I'll be in a good routine and it will all be fabulous! She says whilst crossing her fingers and toes!

How do you find a good balance?


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job!
    When I was working a lot of hours, I blogged from my phone during my commute. My posts sucked! But I didn't want to get out of the blogging habit, so for me, something was better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't figured out the balance.. my poor blog has been barren the past couple months. Gotta pay the bills though, right? Congratulations on the job!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the job - money is money & it's hard work in McDonalds so no wonder your wee shoes are taking a pounding! It is hard finding the balance - I def struggle with that, I'm a bit of an all or nothing kind of girl but hoping to stay more balanced. Well done on sticking to salads & wraps - choose your indulges wisely & you'll do fine
    Bee Happy and Healthy

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

.