17.2.13

Valentine's fun!

So the other half and I went to Edinburgh on Wednesday and stayed at the Travelodge on Shandwick Place till Friday. It wasn't a 'typical' Valentine's though, we did touristy things instead. Monuments, museums and so much walking. At least 5 hours on Wednesday and Thursday each! I'll have legs of steel soon. 

This will be quite a picture heavy post, just to warn you all :)


It decided to snow before we left so my plan of taking dresses and leggings was cut short and instead I packed my jeans and tops, hats and scarves. Just as well I did too as the day after the snow, it was raining all day!


Getting ready to go and wrapping up warm!

On Wednesday when we got there, we went for lunch (my eating was kinda bad when I was there, definitely could have made better choices!) then we decided to conquer a fear of mine and climb the Scott Monument in Princes Gardens. I'm terrified of heights and spiral staircases so I've avoided the monument for years now!


Look at me at the top! I've such a sad face on because the thought of trying to get back down filled me with even more fear than going up. It was really narrow at the top so it was a wee dtruggle getting my fat arse through! Of course I did make it down, I'm not blogging from the top of the monument! ;)


Wednesday night, we went for a walk to Fountainbridge. We went for a Pizza Hut and the very kindly let me charge my phone at one of their outlets and they didn't charge us for our drinks! After that we went to the bowling alley for a wander and played on some ticket machines. Louis had never been on a ride simulator before either so we jumped on that and had a giggle. After it finished, my seatbelt got stuck though and I had to limbo and shimmy out of it! After the fun times, we went to the Cineworld and saw Django Unchained. It was bloody amazing! I loved it, can't wait for it to come out on DVD, I'll definitely be getting it!

We were quite surprised that we got free breakfast at the hotel. I was really happy with it too. Anything that didn't get eaten was brought home and given to my daughters while they are here for the weekend. I called it their magic breakfast because of the rumbler's cornflakes, they loved them!


Louis I swapped a few things as I don't like raisins in my muffins and he doesn't like pain au chocolats. It all worked out very evenly!



On Valentine's Day we walked up to the National Museum of Scotland on Chamber Street, Louis had never been before so it was a first for him! I've been loads of times but it's different every time so I still loved it.




I now weigh as much as a grey wolf, last time I was at the museum, I was closer to bear!

After the museum, we took a walk back down the mile to get to Cockburn Street and walk along to the hotel. On the way we stopped at St Giles Cathedral, I'd never been in before so we decided to go in and see what it was like. Now I'm not religious in the slightest but I do appreciate beautiful buildings and this was gorgeous. I lit a wee candle for my brother (it's his 21st birthday today) and wrote him a letter. It was quite cathartic.



So all in all it was a great weekend. We walked for hours on end, conquered some fears, learnt a lot, took lots of pictures and ate naughty foods. I enjoyed the wee break but I'm now ready to get back to kicking my butt into gear!

And now I leave you with one of the funniest pictures of our time away.



I hope you all had wonderful Valentine's whatever you did!

Normal eating, exercising and meal picture taking shall resume either today or tomorrow.

Alana 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

.