6.2.13

Hello there

Welcome to 'alanagetshealthy'!


This blog pretty much does what it says on the tin. I am on a mission to lead a healthier life and would now like to document that mission for others to see and for me to look back on. You can learn a little about me from the 'About me' tab up the top there.

December 31st

So, I started this mission to get fit on Dec 31st 2012, as I type this, I'm just over 5 weeks in and I've already lost 10.8lbs. That in itself amazes me but on top of that, I've also not smoked for 36 days!

I'm loving the new healthy me, I don't get out of breath going up some stairs, I can move more without my body crying out at me not to. I feel fantastic!

I started at 224.8lbs and my goal is to be about 150lbs but I'm not set on this. If I feel comfortable before I reach that, then that's ok. If I reach it and still want to lose a bit more, that's ok too! My waist was 40" when I started and I'd like to get this down, I'm not sure what size to so I will just keep measuring it as I go and see what happens. I was a size 20/22 to start with and would be very happy to get down to a 12/14, again if I'm bigger than that but happy or get there and want to be smaller that's ok! I'm doing completely set on numbers, they are there as a guide. I will be listening to my body more than anything.

I am a poor student and so I do not have all the things I would like to help me in my healthy lifestyle (a fitbit being the main lusted after item!) and so I am making do with what I can. I am not a member of a gym, running club or anything like that. I use WiiFit, Just Dance, my elliptical, my 2kg dumbells, resistance bands, exercise mat and ball, walking and a few apps on my phone that you can see here.

I think that's about it for my first post. Future posts will contain recipes, exercise routines, motivational pictures, pictures of me and anything else that goes with this healthy lifestyle. Just so you know what you're getting yourself in for!

Until next time.
Alana



1 comment:

  1. I wish you all the luck I've just lost 4 stone 6 and want to lose 7lbs more :) xx

    ide love it if you checked out my mac lipstick giveaway :) 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    New follower

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

.