11.6.13

Conquering fears

Swap car for phone though.

For the second time since my high school days, I set foot in a gym. The first time I don't really count as I was shown the equipment at the college gym then never went back, tonight however, I was shown all the equipment (at a different gym from the last) and actually signed up to go regularly. I even jumped on the cross trainer for a whole 5 minutes before I remembered that Louis was waiting for me outside! (Totally not because some creepy guy saw me from the other end of the gym and moved over to the cross trainer right beside me.)

I went for the off-peak as I thought the peak was a bit too steep for me. Off-peak hours are 6.30am-4pm Mon-Fri and 5pm-9pm Sat and Sun, so I'll be able to go on days I don't start work till 2pm, if I'm working weekends I can go after and on my days off. I get access to the gym, the weights room and the pool and also access to a few other sports centres in my area.

Part of the reason I've never gymed before is my anxiety goes absolutely mental! I'm bad enough jogging with Muj through the park but to actually go into a gym, workout, sweat and be there long enough for people to be able to watch me (I know they aren't actually watching me but the thoughts there!).

I'm going to ask the instructors at the gym to help me come up with a program to follow as I'm a complete novice and don't have a clue where to begin!


The good thing about the gym I'm joining is there aren't actually any mirrors, not that I saw anyway. The bad thing about the gym that I'm joining is there aren't actually any mirrors, instead it's just glass so anyone that comes into the actual centre can see in. That'll be great for my anxiety ae?! I'll just have to suck it up and get over it! I'm there to improve my body for me, whatever anyone thinks of me is none of my business.

I'm really looking forward to this. I know it will probably take a while to get into a good routine and to feel comfortable being there but I know it will do me the world of good! In no time at all I'll be a well oiled machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

.