26.8.13

Monday Meals | #1 | 26.08.13

 Ok so I'm going to start a new series called Monday Meals, basically 3 pictures of my meals from the day. I would do it for every day but I think we'd both get pretty bored of that pretty quickly! I usually weigh in on a Monday so I'm thinking of changing that to a Wednesday (dat alliteration) or a Sunday, what do you think? Personally I'm leaning towards Wednesday.


Breakfast - New York Bakery wholemeal bagel with a wee bit of Vitalite Dairy Free spread, wafer thin ham and iceberg lettuce.

I use Myfitnesspal to log my food, it's the most accurate way to log my food that I know. However I also use Noom because of it's meal composition feature. It's nowhere near as accurate for food logging but it's nice to see at a glance what your meals looks like, even if it's just a guesstimate. 


 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Lunch was quite naughtily out of a tin but at least it's now out my cupboard! ;) Ravioli with a Krisproll. The Krisprolls are a new purchase, I was getting quite bored of crispbread so I wanted to try something new. Look out for a post soon about them!

Unfortunately, because lunch was out a tin, it was a very 'yellow' meal but like I say it's now out my cupboard and I can look forward to healthier lunches in the future!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Dinner featured my new favourite food - kale! I only tried it for the first time a couple weeks ago and I was amazed at how much I liked it. I'll probably be writing a post about that soon too. So dinner was kale, scrambled egg and sweet potato slices.

Again, this was a very 'yellow' meal. I'm starting to associate yellow foods with starchy foods and carbs so I need to watch out for that. Despite that, this meal was delicious! I've not bought sweet potatoes in so long so my tummy was very happy to get these! If I was braver with knives I would try to slice them thinner and make sweet potato crisps (or chips).


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite my very yellow day, I'm quite pleased that there wasn't as much red as there has been recently so that's a positive! Just need to work on adding more green foods into meals!



I hope you will enjoy this series, I think I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

.