12.8.13

Shitty Mental Health Days

I'm having one of those days where my brain isn't my friend. I don't know how many people follow this blog that also suffer from 'mental health problems' but if you don't and you're not interested in reading about them then this is your warning.

Sometimes I have a few days of building up to knowing I'm going to have a shit day, other times it just pounces on my unsuspecting brain. Today is the latter. I had such a great day yesterday at the Edinburgh Fringe, saw some hilarious comedy, met someone I love from youtube and hung out with some of my favourite people all day long. I woke up this morning and, well I'll let you watch the video to show you how my brain is working today.


I genuinely hate these days with a passion and if you also suffer from them, you have my most heartfelt sympathy. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

After making this video I actually felt a bit better, who knows, maybe youtube will become my therapy. I'm still under the dark cloud I've been under since I woke up but it's lifted a little which, let's be honest, is a whole lot better than nothing!

How do you cope with your 'bad' days?

4 comments:

  1. I usually have a day where I shut myself off from people, and from the Internet and just listen to my most soothing music and drink tea. I live right near a lovely big park so sometimes I just have a walk around. Cuddles on the sofa with a blanket and a brew, watching daft daytime TV is a cure too. Glad you're feeling a touch better :)

    Chlo | www.chloodonnell.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this problem! I literally know how you feel, I swear! Please feel better soon.
    The way I cope with it is to just smile, literally, not matter how shit I feel, I cry, I calm down, I stop and I just smile, even if i'm not happy at all. Over 5 years I've realised that smiling releases certain feelings to your brain and makes you ACTUALLY feel better over time.
    I understand that if you're having a bad day and reading this, you probably want to tell me to fuck off because how can you smile when you're not happy? It's dumb, but just do it, no one can see you. I know what it's like to have to live with this shit, you're not on your own.

    I also love Stephen Fry!

    Have a good day!
    Lilie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the same boat as you today babe, you should have seen me when Michael didn't go down to the shop at the time he said. you'd think i'd just been told the world was ending.
    My depression is terrible just now and i have been spending a lot of time in my bed reading catalogues. not sure this is why it's helped me. i think i find i kind of disengage and think about doing up my house and what not :]
    either that or i eat my body weight in winegums!


    hope you feel better soon Alana <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get these days , it's hard sometimes to get out of it

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

.