17.4.13

Alex Day helped me win a Kitsound ClockDock


I was just going about my business on April 2nd when I got an email from the lovely Danielle. She is the blog editor of blog.very.co.uk and she was letting me know that I had won their competition to win a Kitsound Clock Dock.

I can't actually remember how I came across the competition if I'm honest, it could have been through Twitter or the freebie sites that email me. Still, I found myself on the post and decided to enter.

To enter the comp, all you had to do was leave a comment saying which song you like to wake up to in the morning. I went with Alex Day's Good Morning Sunshine.


Go on, give it a wee listen, it's bloody marvellous. It puts me in such a good mood, how could you not enjoy waking up to this song! So thanks Alex for creating such a great song!

When I got the email from Danielle, I'll admit, I did let out a wee celebratory 'yay' then returned to the email to give her my address. I thought it would take a good few days to get here but a day and a half later, my cheery postman (seriously, he is the nicest guy!) was chapping on my door with a box for me.

I managed to resist tearing it all open and got some pictures first, but as soon as they were taken, I was like a kid at christmas! I didn't use it as soon as I opened it, just looked at it for a while and decided where I would put it.

I decided to go for a purple Clock Dock, as anyone who knows me will know that purple is my favourite colour. However, I forgot my ipod is purple so I'm kinda wishing I'd gone for a different contrasting colour. Ach well, all the purple!




So I'm pretty much in love with this Clock Dock. It's amazing! The sound on it is crisp and clear, it goes loud but not loud enough that it distorts the music. I think my favourite thing about it though has to be that if you unplug it at the wall and plug it in again, you don't have to set the time again! It takes the time from your iPod (or iPhone if you have one, I don't) and that automatically appears on the face! I do tend to shuffle speakers about quite a bit, if I'm on a cleaning spree, I'll move my speakers from room to room and tidy away. So that's a very handy feature! It surprised me by being really lightweight, for some reason I expected it to be heavier.

What Kitsound say: 

Introducing the KitSound™ Clock Dock
Combining great sound quality with stylish design, the KS Clock Dock will make the most of your music as well as looking good on your bedside table.

Use and Ornament
The perfect way to get you started in the morning, the Clock Dock's alarm function lets you choose between being awoken by music stored on your iPod or iPhone, by FM radio or by buzzer. Its functionality is further enhanced by the fact that it charges your device ready for the day ahead, and its super-shiny mirrored front proves that image is just as important as practicality.

Other Features
As well as featuring a sleep and snooze button, the blue LCD clock display with backlighting means you'll always be able to read the time, with the added bonus of a dimmer option if you need a darker sleeping environment.

About KitSound
We are craftspeople. We are musicians. We are KitSound™ and we all commit ourselves to achieving one shared goal - bringing people closer to their music. By understanding music we stay true to its craft. Pure, rich, incredible sound. We settle for nothing less.

I'm yet to try all the features on the Clock Dock (the sleep, snooze and alarm) so I might do another post in the future reviewing those.

Have you tried Kitsound products before? What do you think?

 
Obligatory pout!
 I just had to try out that mirrored display. Don't judge me!

*I wasn't asked to write this post up, I won this competition fair and square and all opinions are my own.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Alana it's Danielle from the Very Blog! I'm so glad you liked your prize and well done again! Thanks for saying kind words about me in your Blog :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem Danielle! I just need to get more music on my iPod now! :) x

      Delete

You might also like:

.