4.4.13

Silentnight Spring Bedroom Makeover Challenge

I actually meant to do this post a couple weeks back but I totally forgot to! Bad blogger.

So when I saw Silentnight advertise this challenge, I knew I had to take part! I need to reclaim my bedroom as my sanctuary and this challenge would be ideal to get my creative thoughts flowing!

First off, I need a new bed. The one I have is a metal frame, which I have no problem with but it's so bloody squeaky! Getting into bed, rolling over, getting out, it squeaks so much I dread to think what my neighbours think I get up to! The mattress is quite old as well so it's not as comfy as it used to be.

Secondly, I don't have a chest of drawers in my room, just a wardrobe and little ikea boxes to keep all my clothes in. Lord knows I have more clothes than I can fit in those two things! Currently most of my clothes are sat in big boxes which take up a big chunk of my room.

I just hate it. I don't feel relaxed when I walk in my room, I feel on edge and I'm constantly picking out the bits I don't like. I want to be able to go up to my room and smile, feel relaxed and want to spend time there because just now, I don't.

I want to paint my walls, have shelves on my walls and have things on show, have a nice organised beauty corner, a specific area for shoes.

So this has been quite a moany post let's be honest but I really do not like my bedroom! Let's move on to some bedroom designs that I love and in dream land would have.








This last one is marvellous, total overload of purple! A bit too dark for a spring makeover but couldn't resist adding it! Organisation is my main focus. It's spring, spring cleaning is definitely happening in this household but I can only get so far with my bedroom (which is beyond frustrating!)

This blog post is part of Silentnight Spring Bedroom Makeover Challenge. The challenge doesn't end until April 18th so you still have some time to get your entries in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

.